wdd

/wdd

About wdd

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far wdd has created 94 blog entries.

Caryl Crane & the Graham-Ritter Bldg.

2019-04-18T06:48:10-04:00

The Graham-Ritter Building

Between the J.C. Penney store and the Lasalle’s store was the Graham-Ritter Building, which was constructed in 1878 but modernized in 1955 when its façade was covered with green porcelain panels. Continue Reading >

Caryl Crane & the Graham-Ritter Bldg.2019-04-18T06:48:10-04:00

Cassidy-West Building

2018-10-30T09:21:47-04:00

201 West Water Street

The Cassidy-West Building at 201 West Water Street was an early grocery store built in 1867 by Robert Cassidy. Continue Reading >

Cassidy-West Building2018-10-30T09:21:47-04:00

Congregational Church

2016-12-05T13:14:57-04:00

SW Corner of Columbus Ave and Washington Street

The Congregational Church was first organized in 1819, but, its first church building was not opened until 1835. Continue Reading >

Congregational Church2016-12-05T13:14:57-04:00

Cooke Block

2018-10-12T16:04:30-04:00

154 - 62 Columbus Avenue

The Cooke Block (the name “Cooke” still adorns the third floor fascia) has been in existence since the 1850s. Continue Reading >

Cooke Block2018-10-12T16:04:30-04:00

Colt’s Steamboat Hotel

2018-10-08T08:28:19-04:00

100 East Water Street

In the fall of 1817 before the City of Sandusky was laid out, Cyrus W. Marsh build a frame house near the corner of Wayne and East Water Street where the Civista Bank now stands. Continue Reading >

Colt’s Steamboat Hotel2018-10-08T08:28:19-04:00

Donahue Hardware

2018-10-24T08:00:00-04:00

126 Columbus Avenue

The building at 126 Columbus Avenue was built in 1853 to house the Moss Brothers Bank. Faber and Frank Donahue, who moved their hardware store to this location from the northeast corner of Jackson and Water Streets in 1914, added the brick façade. Continue Reading >

Donahue Hardware2018-10-24T08:00:00-04:00

Eleutheros Cooke House

2018-10-01T11:38:23-04:00

NW Corner Columbus Ave and W. Washington Row

Eleutherous Cooke came to this area in 1818, settling in Bloomingville before moving to Sandusky in 1821. Continue Reading >

Eleutheros Cooke House2018-10-01T11:38:23-04:00