Washington Park Historic Walking Tour

Home/Historic Walking Tours/Washington Park Historic Walking Tour

Masonic Temple

2016-12-05T13:14:55-05:00

302 Wayne Street

On December 20, 1886 a joint communication from Science Lodge 50 and Perseverance #329 suggested that a Masonic Home be built in Sandusky. Continue Reading >
Masonic Temple2016-12-05T13:14:55-05:00

Odd Fellows Hall

2016-12-05T13:14:58-05:00

225 West Washington Row

Located at 231 West Washington Row (originally called Park Row), the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall was constructed in 1889 and dedicated in March of 1890. Continue Reading >
Odd Fellows Hall2016-12-05T13:14:58-05:00

Red Popcorn Wagon

2019-04-04T14:14:29-04:00

NW Corner Columbus Ave and W. Washington Row

When most people think of popcorn the image of a movie theater lobby comes to mind. Continue Reading >
Red Popcorn Wagon2019-04-04T14:14:29-04:00

Sandusky Marker

2016-12-05T13:14:58-05:00

Washington Street, between Columbus Ave and Jackson Street

In 1816, Zalmon Wildman, a citizen of Connecticut, platted “Sandusky City” in Portland Township on the south shore of Sandusky Bay on the site formerly occupied by the Indian chief, Ogontz. Continue Reading >
Sandusky Marker2016-12-05T13:14:58-05:00

Sandusky Plat Marker

2016-12-05T13:14:55-05:00

SW Corner of Wayne and Washington Streets

In 1817, James Kilbourne met Isaac Mills and Zalmon Wildman, the owners of the land where Sandusky now stands, and convinced them to pool their resources in order to establish a new city on the south shore of Sandusky Bay. Continue Reading >
Sandusky Plat Marker2016-12-05T13:14:55-05:00
Go to Top