The Feick Building, Sandusky’s tallest building (eight stories) was designed by Purcell and Feick, a Minneapolis Based architectural partnership formed by two Cornell classmates, one being Sandusky native, George Feick Jr.
The original Feick Building was built to a height of three stories by George Feick Sr. in 1909 with steel frames that would enable additional stories to be added in the future. Five more stories were added in 1916.
Of the many firms that occupied the Feick Building over the years, the Sandusky Business College and the Citizens Banking Company (Now Civista Bank) were among the most important. Both organizations exist today in other locations.
The Feick Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009, but it currently stands vacant and faces an uncertain future.
It is a little hard to see, but at the top is the building’s name FEICK.