STILES E. HUBBARD BUILDING
115 West Water Street
Hubbard Bldg, ca. 1840s. Image courtesy of Sandusky Library Archives Research Center
The Stiles E. Hubbard Building, which was built in 1856, complements the adjoining building built by Stiles Hubbard’s brother, Lester, in 1855. Its first tenants were Hubbard and Wilcox which sold groceries and dry goods, and Austin Ferry, a hatter who also dealt in furs.