THE LAURENCE BUILDING – 129-139 W. Market St.
This building dates back to around 1880. It was restored in 1978.
While the building bears its name, not much history is available on this building. The Sandusky Library has an interesting article on Laurence Cable who might have been the owner. Cable owned another building on nearby Water St., the Laurence Cable building.
Note the unusual round windows at the top of the building. there are also windows on the side wall. Judging from the nearby buildings, these windows probably overlooked a service alley.