Trinity United Methodist Church

  • Trinity Methodist Church - Erie County Ohio Historical Society

Trinity United Methodist Church

Trinity United Methodist Church

In 1918 the Methodist church lost its location at the corner of Washington Street and Jackson Street to make way for the new Post Office.

In 1920 the congregation acquired the Charles E. Cooke home. The house was remodeled and used for church purposes while their education building was being constructed behind the home on Jefferson Street – about half way down the block.

Trinity Methodist Church - Erie County Ohio Historical Society

Trinity Methodist Church, 1909. Image courtesy of Sandusky Library Archives Research Center

The Charles E Cooke home on the southeast corner of Wayne and Jefferson streets. The home was built of stone originally for James H. Bell.

Trinity Methodist Church - Erie County Ohio Historical Society

Trinity Methodist Church, ca. 1950. Image courtesy of Sandusky Library Archives Research Center

In 1958 the Methodist Church built their sanctuary on the site occupied by the Cooke home. In the background of the photo, one can see the education building erected in 1923 which housed a small sanctuary and Sunday School classes.

2016-12-05T13:14:57+00:00